Since the founding of OnePlus, the smartphone manufacturer has kept up with the trends in smartphones by releasing a new phone twice every year. One interesting fact about the phone manufacturer, is how it offers impressive specs for a reasonable price. Below are seven facts about this smartphone and the company.
1. The confusion between OnePlus and OPPO, what is it all about? Well, here is what we know so far. Pete Lau who is the co-founder of OnePlus, was once the vice-president of OPPO maybe that’s where the idea that OnePlus is a subsidiary of OPPO comes from. But the truth is that, BBK is the parent company behind these two brands (and even behind Vivo).
2. Pete Lau and Carl Pei in December 2013 founded the smartphone manufacturing company that is based in Shenzhen, China. And Pete Lau was formerly the vice-president of Oppo.
3. Currently, the smartphone serves 34 countries: Australia , Austria ,
Belgium , Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus , Czech Republic , Denmark , Estonia, Finland, France , Germany , Greece , Hong Kong , Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy , Latvia ,
Lithuania , Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland , Portugal , Romania, Spain , Slovakia ,
Slovenia , Sweden , the United Kingdom and the United States.
4. Since 2014, OnePlus has manufactured nine phones:
– OnePlus1 (2014, April)
– OnePlus2 (2015, July)
– OnePlusX (2015, October)
– OnePlus3 (2016, June)
– OnePlus3T (2016, November)
– OnePlus5 (2017, June)
– OnePlus5T (2017, November)
– OnePlus6 (2018, May)
– OnePlus6T (2018, October)
5. Aside from the smartphone, OnePlu$ also produces other accessories like Earphones ,
Powerbanks, Phone cases , Shirts and bags , OxygenOS (Overseas) and
6. OnePlus is a sub-brand of OPPO. OPPO is a consumer electronics manufacturer based in Dongguan, Guangdong, China. In shot, according to Gizmodo China, “OnePlus is definitely a wholly-owned sub-brand of OPPO”. Both brand have similarities in designs and technology used on their smartphones.
7. The latest smartphone from the company is the OnePlus 6T. It was unveiled on 29 October 2018. It launched with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 , a dual-lens camera setup, with 8GB RAM, and up to 256 GB of storage.