The world of technology has evolved from Nokia to phones like Samsung, iPhones and Huawei. And Xiaomi is among the new brands that have come into the scene and has succeeded in creating a name of its own. Here are seven amazing facts about the company.
1. Xiaomi is a Chinese electronics company headquartered in Beijing. The company was founded on 6th April 2010. Lei Jun is the founder of the company and the literal meaning of Xiaomi is ” millet”.
2. Xiaomi has achieved a lot of success since its start 8 years ago. Although, the company was founded in 2010, it however did not released its first smartphone until August 2011. That’s about a plus after its foundation.
3. Since 2011, Xiaomi has rapidly gained market share in China to become China’s largest smartphone company in 2014. And as of the start of Q2 of 2018, Xiaomi is the world’s 4th largest smartphone manufacturer, leading in both the largest market, China and the second-largest market, India.
4. The owner of Xiaomi is wealthy. According to Forbes Lei Jun who started the company in 2010 has an estimated net worth of US$12.5 billion. He’s the richest person in China and 118th in the World.
5. List of countries where you can find Xiaomi:
United States (only selected products)
6. Xiaomi smartphone run on their own version of Android MIUI firmware. Its different lines of smartphones are: Mi Series, Mi Note Series , Mi Max Series , Mi Mix Series and the Redmi Series.
7. Aside from smartphones, the company also produces wearables, mobile accessories, and appliances such as television and speakers, tablets, laptops and smart home devices.