Infinix Smart 3 Plus Review: Infinix Smart 3 Plus is the cheapest smartphone with triple rear camera that you can purchase in the Nigerian market currently. It’s what so many tech analyst have called “Infinix Hot S4 in disguise “. And the reason for this is not farfetched considering that both smartphones have the same body design.
The Infinix Smart 3 Plus price in Nigeria is 39,900 naira. But aside from its low cost what else should be considered before you think of buying one? Well, having used this phone for sometime now, here is Mntrends Tech full review of the smartphone.
• Huawei Y5 2019 Price in Nigeria and Specs
• Huawei Y5 2019 Specifications: Huawei Best Budget Smartphone
• 5 Best Gaming Phones Under 60000 naira in Nigeria – June 2019
• Tecno Pouvoir 3 Price in Nigeria and Specs: 5,000 mAh Battery King
• The smartphone is light weighted and it’s good for a one hand operation.
• It’s trendy, considering the fact that it comes with a waterdrop notch display design.
• It runs on Android 9.0 Pie out of the box on top of Infinix latest software XOS 5.0 Cheetah
• It has HD+ 6.2″-inches IPS LCD touchscreen
• It is good for gaming. You can read our gaming review of the infinix smart 3 Plus here or rather Watch the video of the Infinix Smart 3 Plus Gaming Review.
• The smartphone is 4G enabled
• The battery capacity of 3,500 mAh is OK for the phone.
• And lastly, it is affordable
• The Infinix Smart 3 Plus is not the one to brag of in terms of hardware. Although it is still manageable. It however comes with only 2GB RAM + 32GB internal storage. While that is so, you can still use the smartphone for multi-tasking but only for a little while. Else the phone will start hanging. To understand this better, you can watch the Infinix Smart 3 Plus Speed Test and Specs Comparison.
• Moreover, the smartphone is powered by Mediatek Helio A22 chipset (Quad-core 2.0 GHz speed processor). Even though an octa-core would have been better. But again, if you want a more speedy phone, then you would have to opt for Infinix Hot S4 or Infinix Hot 7 Pro.
• It’s fragile, meaning if care is not taken once it falls or slips from your hand the damage could be massive. Thus a gorilla glass 5 like the one in Xiaomi Redmi 7 and Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 would have been better. Hope Infinix takes note of that.
• Tecno Pouvoir 3 vs ITel P33 Plus: the 5,000 mAh Battery Battle!
• Tecno Pouvoir 3 vs Tecno Camon 11: Which is the Best Buy?
• Tecno Pouvoir 3 vs Infinix Hot S4: Which Should You Buy?
• Glo 4G LTE Phones: List of Phones That Supports GLO 4G LTE in Nigeria – June 2019
Infinix Smart 3 Plus has quad cameras – 13MP, 2MP, a low-light sensor on the back and one 8MP selfie camera on the front. So far, the three rear cameras are OK for pictures. Offering bright quality pictures, but the problem I have with it, is the over saturation. The camera adds too much colors to image when captured.
For the portrait mode on both front and back cameras, it’s nice and cool. The Infinix Smart 3 Plus can take impressive portraits. Moreover, the AI camera can recognize plants, animals and objects perfectly well.
Infinix gave us a 3,500 mAh battery capacity on the Smart 3 Plus. During my time of using this phone, it lasted me a day. And sometimes I played games, watched movies, used 4G network, took some pictures and even played music as well with it. To me, the battery capacity is OK for the smartphone.
However, my problem with Infinix in respect of the battery, is the fact that it doesn’t support fast charging system. Imagine this smartphone can take you close to 3 hours to get a battery full ( that’s from 0% to 100%). That’s a thumbs down for me and I hope Infinix improves on that.
Understanding that this smartphone is not an iPhone neither a Samsung Galaxy S10 would help us to appreciate this smartphone better. Who could have imagined that a time would come so soon when you can buy a smartphone with triple rear camera at the price of 39,900 naira? So you see, we have Infinix to thank.
Nonetheless, Infinix could have improved on some certain things like in the camera quality and other few things, but hey! This device is just an entry level smartphone and not a flagship device afterall. You can watch our video review of the smartphone below.