Hi guys! Here is our Infinix Note 6 review. The smartphone was introduced into the Nigerian market sometime early this month of July. However, we waited for about 3weeks after to make sure we give you all the details about this phone.
For a start, we must commend Infinix for introducing the amoled panel into this device (Infinix Note 6). More interesting is the fact that, the Infinix Note 6 is far better than the Infinix Zero 6 which is supposed to be the company’s flagship device.
• Now in Stores: Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 is Now Available for Purchase in Nigeria
• Top 10 Trending Phones of Week 29 2019 in Nigeria
• Comparison: Tecno Phantom 9 vs Infinix Hot S4 Pro
• Infinix Note 6 vs Infinix Hot S4 Pro: Which Should You Buy?
So read on as Mntrends Tech will take you through the Infinix Note 6 review to see what our team thinks about the phone.
INFINIX NOTE 6 UNBOXING
When you open the Phone’s carton, you will see the following:
• The Device
• SIM ejector
• User guides
• Rubber screen protector
• Transparent Jelly case
• Micro USB 2.0 (10W supporting fast charger)
Design AND Build
First, the smartphone does not have any notch design of any kind. No flip up, no pop-up, no dewdrop notch, and no full view notch either. But rather it has an almost similar design like that of its predecessor.
Infinix Note 6 has a 6.01″-inch Amoled screen with a 16MP front camera, a notification led and a flashlight. While on the left side we have dual 4G LTE SIMs + a micro SD card slot. On its right side, there the volume button and power button is placed.
Moreover, there is nothing on top of the phone as the 3.5mm Jack pot, micro USB charger pot, speaker and Xpen house are all placed at the bottom of the phone.
While at the back of the phone, there we have the noticeable triple lens rear camera and a rear mounted fingerprint placed at the top middle. In terms of design, there is really nothing spectacular about it.
Infinix Note 6 is fitted with a 6.01″-inch AMOLED display with a FHD+ resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels. The display doesn’t have any notch design as mentioned earlier and this takes the aspect ratio to only 18:9 and the screen-to-body ratio to 81.5%.
Moreover the screen is vivid, it displays vibrant and punchy colors. Also, its performance is smooth and fast without any lag. And, the OLED panel displays accurate colors including deep blacks that are great while watching movies.
Software And Hardware
Now this is one part where or why people are complaining about the Infinix Note 6. The smartphone is powered by mediatek Helio P35 chipset, same chip with the Tecno Phantom 9. This is just an average chip at least the company should have opted for more.
However it’s still manageable when it comes to performance. The smartphone can still deliver a smooth and lag-free performance be it any task such as gaming, photo editing, watching a movie, etc. And even too, we would have loved to see the Infinix Note 6 come with a 6GB RAM and not 4GB RAM. Moreover, a 64GB ROM is too small when compared to others in the market with 128GB ROM.
On the gaming front, the Infinix Note 6 handled all the everyday tasks such as multitasking and entertainment. It played graphic intense games such as PUBG and PES 2019 and it did deliver smooth gameplay without any lag.
Concerning the software of this smartphone, Infinix Note 6 runs Android 9 Pie topped with its own latest software XOS 5. But sadly the smartphone won’t upgrade to Android 10 Q and this is because it is not part of the Android One program.
Thus, if you want a phone that can use the forthcoming Android 10 Q software, you might want to look somewhere else and not the Infinix Note 6.
• Tecno Phantom 9 Review: Tecno’s Best Smartphone Yet!
• Tecno Pouvoir 3 Review: Anything else to offer Aside From the Battery?
• Infinix Smart 3 Plus Review: The Good, The Bad and The Preeminence
• Gionee M7 Lite Price in Nigeria and Specs
The camera interface is quite simple as we have seen in the previous Infinix smartphones. The images captured by the triple rear camera are nice and well to do with. And the 16MP front camera with flashlights helps to deliver one of the brightest selfies even at night or dark places. Moreover this device supports video recording at 1080p at 30fps.
As for the tri-lens rear camera, the 16MP main shooter is proficient. While the 8MP ultra-wide angle lens can cover up-to 118 degree.
• 16MP : Main Shooter
• 8MP : ultra-wide angle lens
• 2MP : depth sensor
Infinix Note 6 is good for gaming. Heavy duty games like PUBG, FIFA soccer, PES 2019, and more played smoothly without hanging.
• Infinix Note 6 Price in Nigeria and Specs: Ultra-wide Cam, 4GB RAM, and more
• Tecno Phantom 9 vs Tecno Camon 11 Pro: Which Should You Buy?
• Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 Price in Nigeria and Specs
• Tecno Pouvoir 3 Air Price in Nigeria and Specs: Cheap and Battery Strong (5,000 mAh )
The potency of this smartphone also lies in the battery capacity. With the 4000mAh battery, you can never go wrong. It’s strong, long lasting and trusted.
Moreover, there is also a fast charging system enabled. You can get 40% with 30 – 40 mins of charge.
• The Infinix Note 6 is not bad after all. It’s currently the best Infinix smartphone in the market
• I can recommend this phone to anyone
• Infinix Note 6 is good for camera taking
• Strong battery
• It’s Cheap
• Xpen at its best
• OK for gaming
• Great for movie watching
• Sleek and great for a one hand operation
• The Mediatek chipset can still chest some stuffs pretty well but not the best though.
• It doesn’t use Glo 4G LTE network
• Screen size is relatively small
• Average body design ( Follow Here To Buy Infinix Note 6)